This recipe for marijuana-infused cornbread using cannabutter is a perfect comfort food you can serve up with any other dish or just have a slice of cannabis cornbread with some coffee or milk. This recipe is easy to make in a mere 30 minutes!
If you love cornbread as much as I do then this is a perfect combination of consuming THC in the form of comfort food.
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspooon cannabutter
- 3/4 cup fine ground cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all purpose-flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup milk at room temperature
- 1 egg egg at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 400℉ and grease an 8-inch cake pan or cast-iron skillet with cooking spray.
- Melt butter and cannabutter in a small bowl in the microwave or in a saucepan on the stove over medium. Let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a liquid measuring cup, beat egg into milk with a fork until combined. Stir in butters. Pour contents of the measuring cup into the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Pour into pan or skillet and spread evenly. Optional: spread 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup chopped jalapeños on top for a savory, Southwestern spin. Bake until golden and a crust forms along the edges, 18-20 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, slice into 12 pieces.