This recipe is not exactly an edible but rather a drinkable! With so many people loving their margaritas we thought how cool would it be if you could combine cannabis and a margarita. Well here we go we have done it and made the marijuana margarita for all you drinkers and smokers out there.
The main ingredient in this mix is mainly the tequila which is where the magic happens! Were going to cannabis infuse the tequila. It’s surprisingly simple but it’s not a fast process so if you want to show off your mixology skills and make marijuana-infused tequila drinks then you will need to plan about 1-4 weeks ahead. You can speed up the process by placing your tequila in a warm place but we recommend you take your time and make it right. Since we would be using Patron we would not want to take a chance on not getting the best results.
Marijuana Infused Tequila
- 1 Mason jar large mason jar any jar that has a lid that can be tightened down and is clear
- 1 Marijuana Plant cannabis plant matter enough to fill 2/3 to 3/4 of the jar
- 1 Bottle of any clear tequila use your favorite clear tequila
- Fill the jar with the cannabis plant matter and pour enough tequila in with the plant matter to cover it completely.
- Place the lid on the jar and tighent it down tightly.
- Make sure the lid is on tight and secure. Shake the jar well enough to make sure the marijuana mixes well with the tequila evenly.
- Place the jar in a dark cool place for 1-3 weeks and check on it from time to time and shake it and make sure the mixture is evenly distributed.
- If you need to speed up the process then find a warm place like by a heater or on top of the fridge to place the jar. Check on it often and shake it and make sure the mixture is distributed evenly.
- Once the mixture has turned a golden brown it is ready to be strained. Strain the plant matter from the tequila and place the tequila back in the mason jar.
- If the mixture has not achieved a golden brown hue then it is not ready yet and will need to sit longer. The reason white tequila is recommended is becasue it makes it quite easy to see when the marijuana infused tequila is ready.
Ingredients for the Actual Margarita!
- Four fresh limes
- Jar of honey
- Several cups of ice cubes
- Your newly infused medicated tequila
- Margarita glasses
- High-powered blender
- Place a couple of ice cubes in the blender. Scrape 4-8 tablespoons of honey depending on how sweet you want it. Throwing the honey in the micro for a few seconds warming it slightly will make this step easier. Add the honey to the blender along with the ice.
- Squeeze a couple of large limes and add their juice to the mixture in the blender.
- Pour in the desired amount tequila.
- Blend the entire mixture until it is smooth.